Set yourself up for a challenge and be part of our global team of athletes who compete and raise money for EMpower. Your support will allow us to continue our efforts empowering young people in EM countries to lead healthy and productive lives. Each year EMpower has guaranteed places at various sporting events around the world.
Past Sports Challenges:
- October 6, 2013: The Royal Parks Half-Marathon in London: EMpower’s team of 31 runners was the largest ever!
- November 1-3, 2013: Nepal Ultra Marathon- 3-day stage 100K EMpower runners completed this ultra-marathon while taking in the view of Tibet and the Nepal Himalayas and raising $62,510. Support our athletes by clicking on their names- Dima Apelbaum and Team SC Lowy comprised of Michel Lowy and Steve Lyons. Note that SC Lowy will match all donations up to $25,000. Thank-you to our athletes!
- July 26-29, 2013 – Trois Etapes Cycling Event: EMpower teams ride with Carlos Sastre- winner of the 2008 Tour de France, and Annie Simpson. The Trois Etapes offered a unique opportunity for amateur riders to climb the most iconic Alpine routes with the support of a cycling legend while raising money for their favorite cause. Our 2 teams cycled under competitive race conditions with the support of a pro. Thanks to Todd Holland,, Hans Humes,, Lance Leener, Ricardo Mora, Jamie Nicholson, Craig Robertson, Nathan Sandler, Marc Balston, Manuel Canas, Felix Hofmann,Chris Milner, Charlie Smith, Matthew Vogel and Vincenzo Zinni.
- April 21, 2013: Our five London Marathon runners completed the grueling 42.2 km and raised £30,000 for at-risk young people. A huge thank-you and congratulations to: Alberto Agrest, Richard Lancaster, Steven Gooden, Olgay Buyukkayali and Thomas Beatty
- March 24, 2013: EMpower Board Director Parvoleta Shtereva and Operations Manager Lucie Kucharova sucessfully reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro! Participating in “Sisters to the Summit” Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb, they trekked to an altitude of 5895 metres. A spectacular accomplishment while raising money for EMpower. Congratulations!
- February 24, 2013: Vishal Tourani completed the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon on behalf of EMpower. Thank you Vishal!
- October 7, 2012: EMpower’s three athletes Christopher Wilder, Vincenzo Zinni and Charlie Smith joined 12,500 runners at the Royal Parks Half Marathon capping a beautiful day in the capital with superb performances, and raising a staggering £19,770 for young people around the world . Well done!
- August 11, 2012: Andrew Seiz completed the NYC Iron Man Competition in New York City in 14 hours and 26 minutes, raising $44,119 for EMpower. Thank you Andrew!
We would love to hear from you if you were successful in the public ballot and already have your own place at the London or New York Marathon, or the BUPA10k. Or, iIf you have a place in other running / swimming / cycling event and would like to raise money for EMpower, let us know. We have a sponsorship pack for you!
Support for you: We’ll support you every step of the way to help you have a memorable experience. You will receive an EMpower T-shirt or vest to wear on race day and we will set you up with an online donation page. We have plenty of ideas to help you fundraise! If you would like more information, please contact us in New York, London or Hong Kong.
EMpower Team Europe at the Trois Etapes Launch Party in London