Now Hiring for an Assistant Programme Officer for East and Southeast Asia!
Posted 24 April 2019 in EMpower News | Share
EMpower is now hiring for an Assistant Programme Officer for East and Southeast Asia!
EMpower is a public foundation committed to building opportunities for at-risk youth (age 10-24) in emerging market countries. Harnessing the resources of the emerging market financial sector, EMpower makes grants to local organizations across three thematic portfolios: education, health and wellbeing, and livelihoods. EMpower has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong and programme staff also in India and Turkey. See www.empowerweb.org.
This position will be based in Hong Kong.
Direct supervisor: Senior Programme Officer (SPO) for East and South East Asia portfolio.
Direct Management of Grants (45%)
Reporting and analysis (35%)
- Aggregate and analyze data; prepare presentations on programme related work for board meetings, programme retreats, strategic planning or other purposes
- Serve as Salesforce lead for East and South East Asia Portfolio
- Gather lessons learned from reports and from processes, making recommendations to share or incorporate into improvements
- Draft reports (or key sections) for programmatic grants to EMpower, and occasional proposals
- Provide content for e-communications, annual reports and other materials
Manage grants management process (15%)
- Implement existing systems for grants management, travel and other programmatic work, and develop new systems as needed.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Officer, manage and monitor the grants pipeline for East and South East Asia
- Assist with logistics, research and preparation for learning exchanges, grantee visits, arranging board/donor visits, arranging board meetings
- Other ad hoc assignments as may arise.
- Master’s degree in development studies, social sciences, or related field, preferably related to youth development and gender studies
- 3-5 years professional work experience ideally in a nonprofit organization or foundation, and ideally on issues related to the Global South.
- Proficiency in English required; Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese a plus
- Highly organized, with skills and experience in programme or grants administration.
- Ability to work with and analyze budgets and quantitative information in excel spreadsheets or in databases.
- Critical analytical capacities; interest and ability to see and report on trends and results, and to compile lessons learned.
- Flexible with ability to juggle tasks and shift priorities as required. Strong initiative and ability to anticipate.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills, demonstrating cultural sensitivity/awareness
- Ability to work with a small HK-based team in a dynamic environment; sense of humor and perspective.
- Interest and ability to be part of a global team, connecting virtually across time zones
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, including databases. Comfortable with learning new database technology; experience using Salesforce a plus.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that diversity enriches all staff and our work globally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or faith, or physical ability.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put ‘Assistant Programme Officer’ in the subject line. We are able only to acknowledge and respond to candidates identified as most suitable.
View All News