EMpower is now hiring for…
ASSOCIATE, EMPOWER INDIA OFFICE!
EMpower – The Emerging Markets Foundation builds opportunities for at-risk youth (age 10-24) in 15 emerging market countries. Harnessing the resources of the emerging market financial sector, EMpower makes grants to local organizations across three themes related to youth development: education, health and wellbeing, and livelihoods. EMpower has a global platform with offices in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong, and a country presence in Turkey.
EMpower is seeking a competent associate to provide operational management of the EMpower India office and support the program and development teams in their efforts. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be part of all aspects of EMpower’s growing scope in India: from fundraising and development, to programs and the operations of a local office of a global public foundation. The Associate will report to the Development and Engagement Manager in India. S/he is responsible for the ongoing operations of the EMpower office in Delhi with the support of Global Operations Manager in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations (30% job role)
- Manage all office operations including any expenses, office space and supplies; work closely with Global Operations Manager on India-specific HR needs and requirements
- Manage monthly expenses and reporting to the Global controller
- Manage and maintain all paperwork relating to banking and finance.
- Review and update India operations manual and manage vendor lists
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings, including support for follow-up from meetings.
- Maintain and ensure up-to-date information on Board and Underwriters in India, including updating Salesforce and all relevant communications products
Development and Communications (40% of job role)
- Assist in executing annual India development plan and strategy.
- Manage Salesforce database capabilities -including donation and contact management, data entry and report creation.
- Maintain appropriate working papers and files for all foundation and corporate grants.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and reports for foundation and corporate grants/contributions
- Play a key role in the planning, execution and success of fundraising events, including logistical coordination, detailed attention to and work on program and communications elements, and day-of, on-site point person responsibilities
- Work with the Development and Engagement Manager to analyse and report on donor/prospect status, events and other analysis as needed
- Liaise with donors to secure necessary paperwork and follow up with receipts. Manage and maintain all donor files.
- Assist in the execution of the India-specific elements of the annual marketing and communications plan with the support of the global team
- Execute communications in designated platforms and channels as directed to support Indian and global needs
- Execute (with global team) social media posting and tracking to keep EMpower’s channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) updated and bringing visibility on EMpower activities in India
- Identify needs and assist in creation of new communications materials
- Update core India communications elements (Powerpoint presentations, branded office materials, fundraising communication tools etc.) as guided by the Vice President/global team
- Contribute to image library and maintain India related products inventory.
Programs (30% of job role)
- Support the program team in managing Indian grant making
- Provide support to the program team for workshops including logistics, hiring vendors and detailed attention to and work on communications elements, and day-of, on-site point person responsibilities
- Arrange travel logistics for Program Officers
- Translate documentation from English to Hindi and vice versa to be able to effectively communicate with young people who are the beneficiaries of EMpower supported programs.
- 2-3 years of experience working in an office environment.
- B.A or B.S. degree in a field related to business development or communications, or that has provided exposure to international development issues
- Strong English and Hindi spoken and writing skills, some background in journalism, editing and proofread a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with database software or Salesforce
- Experience in and/or exposure to events management
- Experience and understanding of social media channels and their usage
- Good quantitative ability and confidence around numbers
- Exposure to or demonstrated interest in international development, particularly issues relating to marginalized girls and young people
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Flexible; able to juggle multiple tasks and re-prioritize as needed
- Highly organized and detail-orientated
- Team player who works well within a small team in Delhi, and values and models working collaboratively; a motivated worker with a high energy level
- Able and interested to work as part of a larger organization working across time zones and geographies; periodic evening phone calls required
- Good listener and hard worker; comfortable receiving input from different sources
- Comfortable relating to diverse personalities and constituencies from varying backgrounds - from donors to Boards to staff to grantee partners and youth. Able to communicate well with all of the above plus vendors such as designers, event production groups and other vendors
- Results-oriented, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through
- Takes initiative in problem-solving and is creative in proposing new solutions
- Uncompromising attention to detail and pride in work produced
- “Doer” who will work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities ranging from the internal day-to-day, to the highly creative, external and visible.
- Emotionally mature with a sense of humour and grace under pressure.
For more information on EMpower please visit www.empowerweb.org.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com by September 1st 2018. Please include ‘ASSOCIATE, INDIA OFFICE’ in the subject line.
Please note, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.View All News
Our Underwriters pay for all of our administrative and fundraising costs, so 100% of your donation goes directly to empowering at-risk youth.